Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Can't get Enough Drums Drum Set Men's T Shirt MEDIUM thru 4X

Amazing looking absinthe shirt. Features the print on the front and back. 100% cotton, pre-shrunk shirts. Brand new from the manufacturer.


This may be due to the brain saturation I was going through when I was studying hard. I now realize that it is important to organize my study time better and not take too much in at any one time. I also realized that it's important to really separate your study time from when you play for pure enjoyment.

I have been an active musician for well over 25 years, but about three years ago I started in the restaurant business and this absorbed all my free time. I was limited to playing only when a show would come up (about once or twice a month), and I even spent about 8 months without playing at all -this is definitely not like me, as I was used to spending about 4 hours a day on the instrument.

I had never really been able to put my finger on an explanation for this, but after reading the aforementioned article, I realized that this is precisely what had happened to me, i.e.: my muscles remembered even though my brain had forgotten some things. It all suddenly clicks together in a beautiful way and you feel like you're a born again guitarist.

I guess the best way to explain this concept would be to tell you about my own experience with this particular phenomenon.

For those of you who have been playing guitar for a while and have had to stop due to other priorities (wife, kids, work, etc.), I'm sure that when you get back into the swing of things, you'll experience something similar. Suddenly, you'll find that there's more to playing than what you originally thought.

It's funny how many things happen to us in our daily lives and we never stop to analyze what they are, or much less, why they happen to us. I was a victim of this in my guitar playing and just lately found the answer I was subconsciously looking for.

Recently, I read an article by Ovidiu Oprescu on "Acoustic Tabs" at his GuitarFlame.com site, which opened my eyes to the reality of muscle memory. It seems that our muscles remember even though our brain may forget.

Getting Back Into Playing Guitar

What you need to get the show on the road!



No comments: